Disclosure: This is a post written by me and any opinions expressed are my own. I may or may not have received compensation for my services.
We are looking for a way to make things cheaper this year and sandwiches are a big part of our warm weather eating. I am always looking for a new and simple sandwich ideas and, I decided to list the most common ones we eat. I am sure they are nothing special but, maybe someone out there didn’t think of one. I hope you will try them!
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Wrap Roll-Ups – My boys love these! I buy the large wraps for my 13 year old and small for my 8 year old. We slather on the Peanut Butter and Jelly. My youngest likes him with a little cream cheese also. This is a great way to cut down carbs and a super fun way to serve PB&J.
2. Deluxe Grilled Cheese – Who said Grilled Cheese has to be boring and plain? We spice ours up a few different ways. Adding a few different kinds of cheese makes a totally new taste! I also love to add meats like honey ham. Don’t forget to add a small amount of Mayo or Mustard. Butter one side of your bread, place it face down on a hot frying pan, add whatever contents you wish, top with another piece of buttered bread, butter side up, flip when browned to your liking.
3. Egg Salad – These are my absolute favorite sandwiches. I could eat it for dinner every day and never get tired of them. Just hard boil some eggs, mash them in a bowl, add mayo to your liking, salt, pepper and chill. Simple!
4. Turkey Apple Melt – Peel and Slice up 2 large Apples. Add 4 tbsp to the apple, mix it up and then toss in 4tbsp of Sugar and 4tbsp of cinnamon. Set aside. Take 2 slices of Cinnamon Raisin Bread and butter each on one side. Place a slice face down on a hot frying pan. Add your ingredients in this order…. A Slice of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Turkey, a few apple slices, turkey then another slice of cheese. Put the second slice of bread on, butter side up and fry it up until the cheese melts… YUM!
5. Chicken Salad Wraps – You can use either canned or fresh chicken for this! In a small bowl combine 2- 10oz cans of chicken, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of mayo, 4 tbsp of Salsa, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together. Line each tortilla with a few lettuce leaves, put in some of the chicken mixture on top and roll it up! Hubby loves these for dinner on a warm night.
6. Baked Pizza Sandwich – This hearty sandwich is something the kids will love! Brown some ground beef in salt, pepper and some oregano and drain the grease off. Take some plain ole refrigerated Biscuit and press down in the center gently to make a small “bowl” look. Layer 4 slices of the Mozzarella cheese, then some meat, and a tsp of your favorite spaghetti sauce on top. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake according to Biscuit directions. Cool for 5 minutes before eating!