Archive for the ‘Kid Tested & Mom Approved’ Category
Something that the boys really love to do is, make their own pizza. I must admit, I really enjoy it myself. Just don’t tell them ok? They think I do it for them only. Because we all have such different likes, it makes pizza night cheaper and there is a lot less arguing. I am not a vegetable eater. The kids are so, I don’t want that stuff on my pizza.
If I don’t have the time to go out and buy, sort and plate all of the ingredients for them, I will pick up some of the ready to go pizza kits. Yesterday was one of those nights. Since they have karate at 4:30, dinner is often something quick and simple. Sometimes it’s pizza, sometimes its soup and sammies. There just isn’t enough time to get them from school, get home work done and eat dinner before they leave. They isually grab a snack after school and then we eat after karate. the usual 5:00 dinners are pushed to 6. read the rest of this entry »
Many people say that boys are easier to raise than girls. Having 4 boys running around doesn’t make me a believer in that statement. I have two that change their clothes more than I do and two that are so worried about what they are wearing. Sometimes I think the chromosomes took a left hand turn somewhere. They are all definitely like little girls at times but then again, aren’t all men?
Picking backpacks is seriously a chore with them. One wants this and one wants that, I always say that one year I am just going to buy 4 and they get what they get. Of course that never happens because it would just be a lot of complaining. Pick and choose your battles right?
read the rest of this entry »
Disclosure: I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for GoodNites* TRU-FIT*. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.
It has been about 6 years since I was a potty training parent and 4 years since we had bedwetting troubles. When my youngest was 2 and a half, we moved out due to the decision to no longer remain with my ex-husband. It was a very trying time for all of us. The change in living situations was a lot for a little one. We went through a year of bed wetting. It was not an every night thing but, at least once a week. I know that it wasn’t his fault. Sometimes he would get a drink of water a little too late, forget to use the potty before bed etc. This was my fault of course. He was only 3 years old so, it was my responsibility.
As children get older, they can become embarrassed by bed wetting. They certainly do not want their friends to know. That’s why GoodNites* TRU-FIT* exists. They are a discrete solution for your child who may have lower self-confidence as a result of bedwetting! Whether they are at home in their own beds or having fun at a friends house, GoodNites* TRU-FIT* underwear protects your child and keeps them self-assured and feeling confident. You may be asking yourself, “What makes GoodNites* TRU-FIT different? GoodNites* TRU-FIT* are a real, machine-washable underwear that provides nighttime protection with a disposable, absorbent insert.
- GoodNites® did a study and according to the results, roughly 1 in 6 children, between the ages of 4-12 in the United States, suffer from bedwetting.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics has done research to show that psychologically, children who wet the bed don’t want to have the same kind of fun with friends that include over night stays. Sleepovers can make them fearful of bedwetting and they would be embarrassed.
- Bedwetting is a pretty common condition that children cannot control or be trained to not do.
- Did you know that 43% of parents believe that bedwetting can be “trained” out of a child? This is not so.
- A surprising 41% of parents of bedwetters describe it as frustrating. It is very frustrating for children as well.
- A whoppin 51% of parents seek a better bedwetting product for their child.
- More than 25% express anxiety about their child being at a sleepover and wetting the bed.
GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Product Facts:
- They are introducing a completely new kind of bedtime protection: GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear. GoodNites* TRU-FIT* is machine-washable, real underwear with disposable, absorbent inserts that help keep sheets and PJs dry all night
- GoodNites* TRU-FIT* offers a new choice for parents and children looking for a superior bedwetting product to help have a better night, every night
- 87% of Moms that tried this new product said that TRU-FIT will make their kids more confident
- Currently available now at certain national retailers for purchase
- They are available for boys and girls in sizes S/M and L/XL with colors and patterns for each size
- GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear is accompanied by a disposable, absorbent insert – designed to protect sheets and PJs all night
- Disposable, absorbent insert should be discarded after each night’s use
- GoodNites* TRU-FIT* offers a new choice for parents and children looking for a superior bedwetting product to help families have a better night, every night
There are so many things that can make daily life a hassle, at least for me. Glasses are one of them. When I was 16, I started wearing contact lenses. I am now 36 and couldn’t live without them. When I do have to wear my glasses, for whatever reason, it’s a thorn in my side. The only convenience is that I can put them on and take them off at any time. I don’t have to think about rubbing my eyes etc. Acuvue Oasys has been a life saver for me.
Royal, my 12 year old, has been wearing glasses for a few years. He has already broken 3 pair. He’s a boy who does boy things so, it’s was inevitable that it would happen. He has always watched me put mine in. The most common thing I hear from him, and many others is, “I could never stick my finger in my eye.” I always laugh at this because you are not actually touching your eye. He has recently started wearing contact lenses and he loves them. He still wears his glasses off and on but, he laughs about how easy they are to put in now.