Disclosure: This is a post written by me and any opinions expressed are my own. I may or may not have received compensation for my services.
Disclosure: This is NOT a sponsored post.
My fiancee has this habit of posting things on my Facebook that he wants for dinner. Sometimes he finds them online and sometimes it is a weird concoction of things he thinks will work together. Don’t tell him but. I always change it because, well, I am just a better cook.
Tonight he requested a weird version of a Mexican Chimichanga. While it’s not what I would call an authentic Chimichanga, they are still pretty tasty! I was making enough for 6 people so you can cut this recipe in half for a smaller portion. This recipe made 16 of them. The nice thing about this recipe is that it is versatile! You can mis cheeses, use two of the same and even pick a mild or hot taco mix.
(2) 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
(2) 8 oz bags of Shredded Cheese / Mexican, Pepper Jack, Taco etc
(1) package of Taco Seasoning
(3) Cans of Tyson Chicken Chunks (or 1.5 lbs shredded cooked chicken breast)
(16)Large Flour Tortillas
(1) Can of Fiesta style corn
Olive Oil or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Salt and Pepper
Sour Cream, Green Onions and/or Salsa
1. Mix together cream cheese, Cheese, Taco Seasoning, corn and Chicken
2. Put about 2 tablespoons in each tortilla.
3. To Fold: Fold the bottom up, the sides over and roll.
4. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with Olive Oil/Olive Oil Spray
5. Place your wraps, seam down, in the dish and coat the top of each one with Olive Oil/Olive Oil Spray
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. Flip them over and bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. These pockets stay HOT inside.