Disclosure: This is a post written by me and any opinions expressed are my own. I may or may not have received compensation for my services.
Why should you go to the grocery store and spend good money on bread crumbs? You shouldn’t! You can save a decent amount of money with very little effort. The nice thing is knowing how fresh yours are. Give this super simple and quick recipe a try. You will never buy packaged again. This recipe yields a tad over 2 cups of brad crumbs. It’s a very simple recipe that you can make in larger quantities. I make these all the time and always have them on hand. I made Chicken Parmesan and I was out so… I guess I have to make more! I hope you like this one!
- 10 Slices of Bread (white or wheat)
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp Basil
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F (121 C)
- Rip or cut your bread into pieces
- Add it to your food processor
- Pulse it until it’s all crumbs
- Add your seasonings
- Pulse a few more times to blend
- Spread it on a baking sheet
- Bake at 300 for 6 minutes, mix them up and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Mine were made in an electric oven. Please watch time if you are using a gas oven.
These can be stored in a air tight container for up to 2 months. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a personal post because I just felt like doing one. Not because I was asked to, paid to or given anything. That is still allowed right?