Posts Tagged ‘fun’
There have been so many times when something utterly gross happens to us. It seems that these things happen more frequently once you become a parent. How many times have you encountered a messy diaper blow out? My mother said that when my brother was a baby, he took his diaper off and proceeded to draw on the wall with his poop. How wonderful for her! I am so grateful that the boys never did anything like this. Now, the FTC says I have to mention to you that this blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Clorox blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
Have you ever dropped your smartphone in the toilet? You may not publicly admit it but I am sure many of you have. We have all had many icky moments that we don’t care to discuss and would really like to forget ever happened! Guess what? You’re not alone. Clorox has been faithfully helping you clean up these messes with products from toilet bowl cleaners to disinfecting wipes for a very long time, and now they wanted my help naming life’s biggest messes! My words are Clorox-approved and are in the new online Clorox Ick-tionary, the hilarious dictionary of messes. read the rest of this entry »
It is hard to believe that school is almost back in session. I heard that a few schools have already started! That is just crazy! What even happened to school starting the Monday after Labor Day? That is always how it was when I was a kid. Maybe that was a Jersey thing?
Spencer is starting Kindergarten this year and Royal will be in 5th grade. I can’t believe it. Where have the years gone? Whether you have one starting school or continuing on to the next grade, SilverDolphin has a great selection of books for all ages. I am big fan of SilverDolphin and we own many or their books!
It is no secret around here that Spencer is a complete Dinosaur fanatic. Silver Dolphin has a amazing selection of Dinosaur books and, we own most of them. The newest one we got is Sounds of the Wild: Dinosaurs. Spencer thinks the sounds are really funny but loves to mimic them.
read the rest of this entry »
I am completely obsessed with weird facts. I have about 5 apps on my phone and I read them when I am bored. Some of them aretruly amazing and I often sit there like, “What the hell?” I needed to share some.. I can’t vouch that these are 100% true or not but take it as you want.
1. A surfer once sued another surfer for stealing his wave.
2. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
3. Workers at a Las Vegas hospital were suspended for placing bets on when patients would die. (Tasteless)
4. The average talker sprays about 300 microscopic saliva droplets per minute, about 2.5 droplets per word.
5. A Chinese teenager was so desperate to acquire the new iPad 2 that he sold one of his kidneys for just £2,000 to pay for it.
6. The longest official kiss lasted 32 hours, 7 minutes and 14 seconds. (I am going to have to work on that one)
7. A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years! (OMG I can’t imagine!)
8. There are MORE germs in the human mouth than in the anus. (That gives new meaning to Kiss My Ass!)
9. Two out of three men say they would have sex for cash, and 16 percent of them would do it for $150 or less. (Not shocking!)
10. The first actual computer “bug” was a dead moth which was stuck in a Harvard Mark II computer in 1947.
As the flowers bloom and we start to see Summer is now here. Even thought it is hot out and we think of swimming and playing, there are still those rainy days. Yesterday we had a hail storm! Take a special sneak peek at the new line of “Cars 2” games – just in time for the release of Disney/Pixar’s “Cars 2” on June 24! Lightning McQueen, Mater and the gang are back and starring in your favorite family games of Operation, Sorry! Sliders, Monopoly and more.
In Operation: Cars 2 Edition, Mater is carrying some extra junk and his engine is starting to clunk! Put on your mechanic hat and help fix his busted grill and gear in Operation: Cars 2 Edition. Help your Mater “patient” get “all better!” Pick a card and then “operate” on that part of him to help him out. Remove the bad parts and you’ve done it! But if you touch the sides, his headlight will buzz and glow. Keep working on him until his as “healthy” as can be, then put the funatomy parts in the storage drawer to keep everything together. “Fix up” his “busted gear” and you win! Includes gameboard with Mater “Patient” and tweezers, 22 game cards, 11 plastic funatomy parts, play money, storage drawer and instructions. Requires 4 “AAA” batteries (not included). Adult assembly required. For 1 or more players. Ages 6 and up.
Bump and race your way to victory in the “Cars 2” World Grand Prix! Bring the racing experience of the movie to life with Sorry! Sliders: Cars 2 Edition, the game of sweet revenge. Rev through Radiator Springs, tear through Toyko, power through Porta Corsa and let’r rip through London. Race around to collect tokens and try to be the first back. But watch out! Oil slicks, traffic cones and radiation zones make it a bumpy ride to victory. Put yourself into top gear and get moving! Includes track pieces, barriers, 4 Cars 2 racers, assorted obstacles, lap counter tokens, Mater token, sticker sheet and game guide. Adult assembly required. For 2 to 4 players. Ages 6 and up.
Finally, everyone’s favorite property-trading game, Monopoly, gets a tune up – “Cars 2”style! Monopoly: Cars 2 Edition is totally new and unlike any Monopoly game seen before! Not For Children Under 3 Years.Race to “real estate” victory with characters from the Cars 2 movie! Buy and trade cars in this fast-paced game to try to earn the most money. Speed your way around the board, build up monopolies and—if you’re the richest player at the end of the game—win! Includes 1 racetrack (in 4 pieces), 1 Lightning McQueen racecar, 1 gameboard, 16 Cars cards, 16 tires, 8 Pitties, 4 character movers, 16 Chance chards, money pack and instructions. For 2 to 4 players. Ages 5 and up.
Are you and your family heading out of town for the long weekend? As we all know, entertainment on the go is an essential part of trip planning! Before closing the trunk or zipping up the carry-on bag, make sure to include a few family-friendly games for fun in transit or for once you reach your final vacation destination. In addition to your electronic devices, bring games that will never run out of battery power – toss Fun on the Run games in the glove compartment for down time in the car, throw Ratuki in the beach bag for a spontaneous, mid-afternoon game-play session, and pack classic games like Sorry! and The Game of Life to unwind around the kitchen table after a long day.
We had the chance to review the Cars 2 Sorry Sliders game. While the boys had a fantastic time playing it, my only complaint was that the board kept coming apart. It was a real pain in the butt. If they could find away to make the board pieces stay together better, it would be awesome.
Giveaway: (1) Winner will receive The Cars 2 Sorry Sliders Game
RULES: For Bonus Entries, Twitter entries must include a link to your Tweet. Tweets must be spaced no less than 60 minutes apart. Tweets of recipes are only good PER giveaway. You can’t use the same tweet for multiple giveaways.
Mandatory Entry: What is your all time favorite board game. (1 entry)
TONS OF Bonus Entries: A lot of additional ways to enter! Leave a separate comment for each entry!!
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to it (5 entries)
- Subscribe to our RSS via email (Enter your email in the top right sidebar)(1 entry)
- Follow Delightful Chaos on Networked Blogs (1 entry)
- Like Delightful Chaos on Facebook and comment on our wall (2 entries)
- Like MAK Media, LLC on Facebook (1 Entry)
- Like Family Game Night on Facebook and comment on their wall (2 entries)
- Like Scrabble on Facebook and comment on their wall (2 entries)
- Like Monopoly on Facebook and comment on their wall (2 entries)
- Like Trivial Pursuit on Facebookcomment on their wall (2 entries)
- Like Game Night on Facebook and comment on their wall (2 entries)
- Like Cranium on Facebook and comment on their wall (2 entries)
- Follow@DelitefulChaos, @DelightfulToni, FamilyGameNight, Trivial Pursuit, Cranium, PassGoMONOPOLY on Twitter (6 entries)
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (1 entry) (leave YouTube ID)
- Follow Delightful Chaos on Google Friend Connect (Option in right column) (1 Entry)
- Tweet using the RT button in this post (1 entry per Tweet)
- Tweet any post on this blog (no expired deal/offer etc) using the RT button on each post! (1 tweet per post)
- “Like” any post on this blog using the button on each post. Tell me which post (1 entry per “like”)
Giveaway is open to US residents who are 18 years of age or older. I reserve the right to remove any entry from this giveaway. This giveaway is sponsored by the representing PR firm. This giveaway ends 6/30/2011 at 11:59pm EST. If you are currently or have previously reviewed this product or participated in this campaign, you are ineligible to enter/win.
Disclosure: I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. I did receive product for my testing purposes thanks to Hunter PR. The views and opinions expressed in this blogs content are solely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product should be verified by the above mentioned manufacturer, PR Agency or product designer. This post is not endorsed, sponsored or has any connection to twitter, facebook or any other network. This post is solely the property of MAK Media, LLC and/or its above sponsor. The product itself did not persuade my personal beliefs or views. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. You can read more about our Policy Disclosure here.